Unprecedented destructive bush fires still rage in Queensland and throughout Australia, with over 3.5 million hectares of land now burned, half a million animals killed, and a rising number of homes destroyed and people displaced.
Please help The Waves Sports Club support the Bundaberg Rural Fire Service as they battle the same destructive fires in our very own region. From 6pm on Friday, January 17 The Waves will host Operation Phoenix - a fundraising event where you can celebrate the courage and dedication of our firefighters and assist to raise money to help them keep up the fight.
100% of proceeds from the sales of a keg of Great Northern Super Crisp, plus $1 from every main meal in our Sticky Fingers Coffee Shop and Rock Salt Bistro from the night will be donated. Or you can donate directly by placing money in the collection tins on the night.
Dress up in red, orange, or yellow on the night to show your support. Live music will be performed by Electric Banana, plus there will be Australian wildlife face painting by Colour me Happy Entertainment for gold coin donations.
All money raised on the night will go directly to Bundaberg Rural Fire Service.
Australia Day 2020
Come and help us celebrate Australia Day on January 26, 2020.
- Free sausage sizzle from 3.00pm - 4.00pm.
- Jugs of Draught beer from 3.00pm.
- $250 cash will be won every 30 minutes from 3.00pm - 7.30pm.
- LIVE music by Pennies from Heaven (soul pop) on Friday night, Atomic Dollz (70's & 80's rock) on Saturday night, and 2EZ (country/Aussie rock) from 4.30pm on January 26.
- Australia Day Win-A-Lawnmower Raffle.
- Drink Promotions.
For a limited time only Sticky Fingers Cafe is offering five delicious flavours of Summertime Frappes!
- Cafe Late
- Taro (try it, it's deliciously similar to a praline). For a limited time only.